Thank you for your interest in Logic Escape Rooms! We are excited to hear from you!
Escape rooms are a great place to hone your customer service skills, as well as utilize your creativity. You'll learn about small business while also having fun in a fast-paced, growing industry. Our industry is resilient enough to have been around for several years already, yet new enough that you will have first-hand experiences in what it takes to run a small business in today's demanding marketplace. If you're eager to learn and create with others in a positive family-business atmosphere, yet still want your ideas to be heard and even acted upon, this is the place for you!
We're looking to hire independent contractors working as game guides. We currently have between 4 and 7 positions available.
We're not quite large enough to sustain full time employees, yet, so you'll be working as an independent contractor. Working as an independent contractor/game guide is a great opportunity for anyone looking for the most flexibility with shifts. As an independent contractor, we will still train you how our workflow functions and you will also still benefit from a lot of fun perks including:
- Extremely flexible work hours. You'll get updates sent to your phone when we need your help. Be the first to reply and you get the 2 hour work window. Stack as many as become available and work as often or as little as you choose.
- Already have a job? No problem! Stay at your current job and work with us when it's convenient for you.
- Possibility of promotion over time; when new positions become available. Once we begin hiring full time staff, the most reliable contractors (that's you) will be considered first.
- Competitive reimbursement.
- Same day payment (usually through a physical check, Venmo or another electronic method).
- Fun, creative environment.
- Deeply discounted escape room experiences for your friends and family.
- An opportunity to establish a foothold in a growing and fun business.
- A chance to leave an impression through games that bring positive, fun memories to hundreds of people every month.
- Much, much more!
What we need from you:
- Friendly and outgoing. Our rooms are known not just for how challenging they are, but also for the entertainment factor. Game guides help provide that experience.
- Eager for time. We want those who will see a shift possibility and be willing to snap it up right away before someone else gets it. We don't typically know when we'll need help until about 2 or 3 hours (or less) in advance. So, someone with a normally light personal schedule would be ideal.
- Dependable. You get oil changes in your car when recommended. You never oversleep. Your word is your bond. If you say you will get something done, you can be entrusted to do it.
- Creativity. It's often safe to venture outside the box with us. The environment lends itself to creativity. We don't have any corporate entities watching over us, so we can change things up when we think something might be better, or more entertaining when done differently.
- Committed to learning. This is an ideal opportunity for high school or college students.
- Experience. Some experience in customer service or working with the public is preferred. But, if this is your first experience in the workplace, we will certainly consider you if you meet all the other requirements.
Independent contractors are unique in that we give you a flat payment with no taxes taken out of your check (you take out your own taxes at the end of the year). You also won't be scheduled in the traditional way. Rather,we only staff when overlapping bookings come in. So, when a booking becomes available that we need to staff for (each booking cycle is 2 hours long), we will text every game guide (that's you!). The first game guide to claim the shift, will get it. Typical shifts are posted about 2 or 3 hours before we need a guide. We also pay you on the day you work, at the end of your last shift of the day. So, you just go about your day as usual and you'll get a notice on your phone of an available shift. If you don't want to work it, then you don't do anything. But if you're not doing anything at the time, simply be the first to claim the shift, and you get to come in and make some extra cash. Sweeeeet.
Please be sure to fill in all the fields, as submissions with missing fields may be discarded.
Please be sure to give a brief description of the job duties, as well.
Accepted file types: txt, pdf, doc, docx, rtf